Venue and Technical operations manager (PART-TIME)
To manage technical and venue operations ensuring efficient and effective delivery of venue and technical services to clients.
Due to the nature of the industry, it is a requirement of the position to be available at nights and weekends and to be flexible with work arrangements.
This position is permanent part-time, 40 hours per fortnight, Monday to Sunday as required by the production schedule. Hours to be spread across a 14-day period as required by prioritizing the workload and when necessary managing the production staff and shifts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all technical and production activity in the venue
- Manage venue, technical production, equipment, and other budgets as required
- Maintain up to date venue bookings and operations diary in consultation with the GM
- Liaise with the GM regarding dates available for all venue use
- Liaise with hirers and all other users regarding their technical and other production Requirements
- Oversee the efficiency and safety of all activity in the venue
- Run production meetings for all users.
- Manage bump-in and bump-out for all users
- Manage and/or oversee all technical, production and back-of-house staffing requirements for the venue. As negotiated, take on technical, production and back- of-house roles and manage other work duties around extra workload during these periods.
- Recruit and supervise casual technical staff and volunteers as required
- Determine safe and effective operations protocols for all activity in the venue as required, including ensuring OHS & COVID safe practices are implemented at all times
- Working with the GM update and maintain the organisational OHS & Covid Safe venue operation plans
- Ensure adequate induction procedures for all users of the venue and its equipment, including Theatre Works staff, casuals, hirers, volunteers, and others
- Ensure venue is kept in good order, including proper maintenance, repair and replacement of building fabric and equipment.
- Deliver annual maintenance programme
- Manage the venue’s ongoing maintenance requirements throughout the year, including arranging and/or carrying out building fabric and equipment repairs as required.
- Maintain up to date equipment and repairs register.
- Make recommendations regarding venue, technical production and equipment repair and procurement budgets as required.
- Maintain technical specification including being updated website.
- Undertake other responsibilities as determined with the GM.
- Support Theatre Works productions and co-productions through production management and co-ordination; ensuring technical and production aspects of projects are delivered
- Other duties as required taking into consideration the Venue/Production Manager’s skills and expertise.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Dianne Toulson, General Manager
To apply, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be sure to include in your email:
• Cover letter
• Selection Criteria responses demonstrating how you meet the requirements of this role. (Please use no more than 300 words per selection criteria response)
Theatre Works is an alcohol and drug free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
CAFE & BAR ALL-ROUNDER (CASUAL)
We are on the hunt for an all-rounder at Theatre Works’ Blackbox Cafe & Bar. We are seeking a casual barista with cocktail experience for a variety of shifts including morning, afternoons and evening front of house shifts.
15-20 hours available at award rates.
Applicants must be available Tuesday nights.
Email your CV to Steven at email@example.com