THEATRE WORKS VENUE HIRE | THE PARISH
Situated in the heart of St Kilda, between vibrant Acland St and Fitzroy St precincts, Theatre Works has a rich, 35-year history of providing quality entertainment experiences. In 2016, over 20,000 audience members attended productions.
St Kilda is one of Melbourne’s main tourist destinations and is famous for its food, entertainment and nightlife. Iconic landmarks include St Kilda beach, Luna Park and the many continental cake and coffee shops that line Acland Street, all adding to the Theatre Works visit.
Theatre Works’ venue, the Parish Hall (known as ‘The Parish’) is heritage listed and dates back to the 19th century. It is located in the historic Church Square complex on the corner of Acland Street, along with the stunning Christ Church and garden surrounds. The Parish was converted into a theatre auditorium in the early 80’s and is complete with bar/ foyer and dressing room facilities.
The auditorium can accommodate 140 people. With a retractable seating bank, the space is flexible, lending itself to large-scale events however it can be split to create a more intimate setting.
The Theatre Works team can work with you to plan your event in detail. Experienced staff can provide advice on production logistics, marketing and publicity.
For more information contact us on (03) 9534 4879 or firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT WE OFFER
During your event, the following facilities and services are included:
- Full access to the auditorium, foyer, dressing room/ kitchenette and toilets
- Use of recently upgraded lighting grid (2015)
- Use of Theatre Works’ ticketing system (online and phone sales)
- Signage (A0 framed poster) on Acland Street
- Listing on website and inclusion in eDM (12,000+ subscriber database)
- Opportunity for program and merchandise sales (at no cost)
The following services are required in addition to the Venue Hire rate:
- Front of House Manager at $38.00 per hour
- Technical Manager at $40.00 per hour (Bump in/ out, rigging and plotting)
- Ticketing surcharge of $2.50, plus GST per ticket booked (as an inside charge) and $1.00 plus GST per complimentary ticket
- A one off event build charge
- Utility and consumable charge
The following additional services are available:
- Bump in/out crew at $38.00 per hour
- Lighting/ Sound/ AV Technician at $40.00 per hour
- AV Equipment (1 mic, 2 speakers, 1 sound desk) $200
- Microphone (wireless, stand or label) $50 per microphone
- Projector $100
- Painting of floor $100 plus consumables
- Additional cleaning
For further information or to arrange a site visit, contact us on: (03) 9534 4879 or email@example.com